Technical and Support Services
BSI’s instructors and technicians are some of the folding carton industry’s
foremost authorities in blanking. Every technician is trained in all phases of
carton separation, from layout through fabrication of the actual tooling. BSI
has trained some of the industry’s leading die makers in computer aided design,
tool assembly, and welding, which helps to explain why BSI’s technical support
team is considered the gold standard by many of the leading toolmakers in the
folding carton industry.
- Design Assistance: We can help your CAD department evaluate various blanking
tool design options to ensure that even the most challenging layouts run as
efficiently as possible.
- Design Validation: Upon request, BSI will review blanking tool designs to help
ensure all tools built with BSI software and components achieve maximum
Product and Process Training:
- Software: Our in-house training center utilizes both visual and hands-on
instruction in a dedicated, interruption-free environment that optimizes the
- Assembly: Angle Lock assembly training introduces our customers to all the
necessary skills and methods necessary to efficiently produce Angle Lock tools
at their facility.
- Welding: Welding training provides a thorough introduction to TIG (heliarc)
welding, which exposes the welded materials to less heat than that experienced
with the more commonly employed MIG welding. Less heat means less likelihood of
altering the steel’s temper, helping to create stronger, more durable inner
grids for lower blanking tools.
- Course duration ranges from one to four days, depending on the customer’s skills
and desired goals.
- Angle Lock System: Knowledgeable and experienced employees are ready to answer
all of your questions regarding the proper use and functionality of the Angle
- Software: The same people who train our customers in the use of our Tool
Designer Software are always ready to assist you with any software related
questions or needs.
- Grid Bender & Work Station: Have an interest in learning more about the use and
benefits of our Grid Bender or Work Station? Be assured that our staff is always
available to assist you with any of your equipment related needs.